Hibiscus & Green Tea Peel
Hibiscus flower acids bathed in a seaweed and green tea gel provide powerful exfoliation while remineralizing the skin and calming redness. This at-home peel enhances the effectiveness of other skincare products by breaking up dead skin, allowing for deeper product penetration and cell nourishment.
Potent yet gentle acids: The Hibiscus flower is comprised of natural acids such as phytic, pyruvic, mandenlic and azaleic. Together, these naturally derived acids provide a dose of antioxidants, and gentle exfoliation while stimulating collagen synthesis. The pH of this product is 1-2; but as the acids are bathed in a mineral rich seaweed gel, there is virtually no stinging or irritation that occurs (unlike most AHA’s). Green tea is used as a potent antioxidant and has been known for its skin healing and scar repairing properties.
Frequency: Use 2-3x a week. Any kind of topical acid is typically best used at night as it can make skin more sensitive to UV rays. However this peel will make your skin glow on the day of use. If used during the day, apply SPF and stay in doors.
How to use: coat skin with a light layer and let dry before applying serums, oils and moisturizers. This product self neutralizes on the skin.
- softens skin by continuously exfoliating skin cells and increasing cell renewal
- fucus algae contains vitamin K, B and beta carotenes.
- porphyra is a red algae rich in essential fatty acids, folic acid and omegas to help repair cells from damage
- hibiscus flowers break down dead skin and intracellular "glue" making other products more effective
- green tea brightens the skin, provides antioxidants, and reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- seawater remineralizes the skin for a firmer texture and plumper collagen
- leave on formula reduces redness by increasing cell metabolism to flush out cellular waste
- licorice root lightens acne scars and pigmentation
Good for: all skin types including sensitive skin will benefit from this peel
INGREDIENTS: Isotonic Seawater, Laminaria, Fucus & Porphyra Algae Extracts, Hibiscus (Flower Acid) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice Root) Extract, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Leuconostoc (Radish Root Ferment), Lactobacillus & Coconut Extract